Passports and Visas
10 Tips for Passport Photo success!
- Choose Peach Lane studios to have your passport photo taken. Why?... Who has really got the time and money to waste trying to use a supermarket booth? We see so many people that have tried using a booth, only to find they have had their photo rejected. We guarantee our passport photos to pass and if they don't for any reason, we will re-take it free of charge. We are the experts!
- Wear clothes that don’t overwhelm the photo. E.g nothing that comes up too high around your neck or is going to look messy like a scarf or hood. Strapless tops are a no-no unless you want to look naked!
- Hair is a tough one to get right. Make sure it doesn’t cover your eyes or eyebrows AT ALL; it will be rejected if it is. Hair looks best if it is down or with some hair to frame your face.
- Its best to avoid wearing glasses as if there is some glare on them or a shadow covering your eye area in any way it will result in a rejected photo. If you must, then try and wear non-reflective lenses and a frame style that is not too narrow. Remember geek glasses are in!
- Posture is important. Remember to sit up straight and lean slightly forward from your hips as this can help reduce double chins. Try it, it really works!
- Facial expression must be neutral. This means no smiling or frowning. We find that if you close your eyes for a few seconds and then “think happy” this will result in the best expression.
- Got a child or baby that needs a passport photo? No problem. We are usually very quick so they don’t even have a chance to think about what’s happening. Leave it to us, we are great with kids. Bring your child at a time of day where they are most settled E.g. not hungry or tired or just had a nap. Mornings are good.
- Relax and leave plenty of time. If you book for a time when you are in a rush you may not get the results you wanted. We'll even cut them out to save you time and stress when you get home.
- Things you may want to bring along: A hairbrush, hairspray, bobby pins, makeup (especially powder to reduce shine). Bring baby wipes and bribes for kids. We have a lovely makeover room where you can check your hair and makeup or get changed.
It only takes 10 minutes and cost £10* but lasts ten years so make sure you have a photo that will:-
B. Looks like you
C. You are happy with.
Let us help you.
*UK passports and Visa's are £10, all other countries are £15.